5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From Halloween events to Strictly Saturdays, here are just some of the great things you can do in Suffolk this weekend.
Halloween on the hills
Get your Halloween costumes on and take a walk through the spooky hills with a family fun Halloween trail near Seckford Hall Hotel in Woodbridge.
Along the trail there will be a pumpkin comedy show, a sing-along with the wicked witch of the east, a Monster Mash party, and you will even get the chance to toast marshmallows by the fire.
Where: Seckford Hills, Woodbridge, Suffolk.
When: Friday, October 15 to Sunday, October 31
Cost: £6.50, tickets can be purchased online
Strictly Saturdays in Bury St Edmunds
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
Take a break from the shopping and try to replicate some dance moves off Strictly Come Dancing at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
The theatre offers ballroom, Latin and rock and roll dancing in its upstairs bar as part of its Strictly Saturdays.
Where: The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
When: Saturday, October 23 - 2.30pm-4.30pm
Cost: Free, no booking necessary
Billy Ocean comes to Ipswich
Soul icon Billy Ocean will be performing in Ipswich this weekend as part of his UK tour.
There are only a few tickets left for the concert which will see Ocean performing some of his best known songs.
Where: Ipswich Regent Theatre
When: Saturday, October 23 - 7pm
Cost: Last tickets are still available and can be purchased online for £50.50
Sudbury Rugby Club is hosting an Oktoberfest with a twist.
As well as the typical German beers there will also be bitters, ciders, gin and cocktails on offer.
The four day family-friendly event will also feature live music.
Where: Sudbury Rugby Club
When: Thursday, October 21 to Sunday, October 24
Cost: Free entry, but there is a £2 glass deposit
Walk the Trail of Terror at Colchester Zoo
Expect the unexpected as the Trail of Terror takes over Colchester Zoo after dark.
The trail will be full of rustling bushes, masked monsters and screaming scarers — sure to make you jump at anytime and anywhere.
There will also be food and music for people to enjoy at the end of the trail.
Where: Colchester Zoo
When: Saturday, October 23 - 6.30pm
Cost: £20 and tickets can be booked online