Do you recognise anyone in this photo taken at Holbrook Primary School in the 1950s?
- Credit: Archant
A former Holbrook Primary School pupil has shared an old photo of her and her classmates in the hope that someone may recognise themselves.
Anne Humphreys VanDalinda now lives in Georgia, America, but grew up in Suffolk in the 1940s and 50s.
“This was in the days of outside toilets!” she said. “I have many pleasant memories of Holbrook, I attended Holbrook Primary School and lived at the Royal Hospital School, I would walk or bike to and from school.
“I remember that the girls learned how to knit a dishcloth In Miss Doughty’s class. It seems that education has come a long way since then.”
The only school photo she still has was taken in either 1954 or 55 when she was around 10 years old.
“It was taken when students in Miss Nunn’s class each wrote an essay about road safety. The five best essays were chosen and those children were treated to a ride in a police car.
“In the picture I know that Deanna Catling is on the far right. I think the girl next to her was named Carol, but not sure. Then me. Then Michael Ellison or Elliston and far left is Gillian and I think her last name was Slack.My surname back then was Humphreys.”
Are you in the photo? Or do you recognise your mum or dad? Share your memories below or via email
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week