WATCH: Full video of Ed Sheeran’s stunning surprise appearance at Ipswich Regent Snow Patrol gig
- Credit: STEPHEN FOSTER
This is the moment Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran left fans totally gobsmacked when he unexpectedly appeared on stage alongside Snow Patrol at Ipswich’s Regent Theatre.
The band had already wowed crowds at the town venue following a performance at the Royal Albert Hall the night before.
MORE: Ed Sheeran appears on stage at Ipswich Regent Snow Patrol gigYet half-way through their Suffolk gig came the biggest surprise of all when a man in a black hoodie and jeans made an appearance from the side of the stage.
It turned out to be none other than the Castle on the Hill singer himself, sending the revellers at the performance wild with delight.
This video from audience member Jo Ward shows crowds standing up and loudly and excitedly cheering as Ed joined in with Snow Patrol's performance of their classic hit, Chasing Cars.
Hundreds of people can be heard singing along with the band, with many scarcely able to believe their luck at seeing the Suffolk superstar.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ward, from Ipswich, said the surprise performance was "amazing".
She added: "It was the third time we'd seen Snow Patrol in concert - the first being back in 2010, at the O2, and the second time was January of this year, again at the O2 - but this gig was more intimate and Gary Lightbody was interacting with the crowd a lot more.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 4 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 7 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 Proposal for 73 park homes on former business park site
"I was filming the start of Chasing Cars as that is one of my favourite songs and then my husband nudged me to say: 'Look who's on stage!'
"Ed's performance was fantastic too. The atmosphere was amazing - most people were sitting but as soon as Ed came on the stage everyone rose to their feet and began singing and dancing."
Ed had already performed four packed homecoming gigs at Christchurch Park earlier this year as part of his Divide world tour, which saw more than 150,000 fans turn up to hear the Suffolk superstar perform.
Snow Patrol were stopping in Ipswich on their Reworked tour, which includes tracks from their latest album of the same name as well as their classic songs.
? Did you see Ed's surprise performance? Email your pictures and video to email@example.com