Exclusive: JLS announce Ipswich park concert
Chart-toppers JLS are coming to Ipswich’s Chantry Park this summer, we can reveal.
It’s another coup for the town, which is already hosting the massive live Doctor Who adventure The Crash of The Elysium in June and July.
JLS’ last visit to Ipswich in 2010 sold out within three hours and August’s outdoor gig is sure to follow suit with tickets on sale from 8am today.
“They are, without doubt, one of the biggest bands in music today; so adding these six large-scale summer concerts to their schedules, particularly at venues which enable fans to see them close to home, is just fantastic news – everyone involved is totally hyped,” says tour spokesman Dion Clements.
“We’ll also be announcing some really special guest performers in the coming weeks which will make these concerts even bigger.”
Read the full story in today’s Ipswich Star.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station