Fame The Musical is coming to the Ipswich Regent this October
- Credit: Archant
The 80s are officially back, with Fame The Musical coming to the Ipswich Regent later this year.
Based on the 1980 film of the same name, this international smash hit follows students as they navigate their way through the highs and lows of life at New York’s High School For The Performing Arts.
This definitive 30th anniversary tour comes from Selladoor Productions, the critically acclaimed producers of Flashdance The Musical, Avenue Q, Little Shop of Horrors and American Idiot.
David Hutchinson, executive creative director at Selladoor, said: “This new tour celebrates the 30 years since the premiere of the production and will very much have its roots in the style and nostalgia of the original musical.
“We’re dedicated to bringing large scale theatre to as broad an audience as possible across the UK and internationally and we’re delighted to add another classic musical to our ever-growing portfolio.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s had seven West End runs since opening in Miami in 1988 and continues to be one of the best loved musicals across the world.
See Fame The Musical from October 29-November 3. Tickets on sale 10am, February 26.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park