WATCH: Family yoga moves inspired by Rodin’s The Kiss
- Credit: Archant
Young people have been trying yoga inspired by an unlikely subject – a world-famous sculpture currently on display in Christchurch Mansion.
Approximately 20,000 visitors have now been to the Kiss and Tell exhibition at the mansion, which features Rodin’s masterpiece The Kiss.
On Sunday, March 10 visitor numbers were boosted by an enthusiastic group of youngsters and their parents, who tried out some family yoga inspired by the work.
Waking everyone up with some Sunday morning stretching was Julia Fairbrother from Suffolk Yoga, who had really done her research on how to make Rodin’s somewhat controversial art suitable for a younger audience.
Ahead of the event, she said: “Rodin’s major pieces are fascinated with the body and movement. Lots of his art can be linked to yoga poses.
“Love is about trust and we are going to get the children to try out some balancing poses and blow kisses to practise their cooling breaths.”
Before starting the class, she encouraged everyone to take a look at the exhibition to get a real feel for Rodin’s work.
- 1 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 2 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 3 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 4 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 5 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 6 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 8 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
Five-year-old Daisy Ingram and her mother Sarah were visiting the exhibition for the first time and described it as “lovely and peaceful”.
Sarah said: “I came along to do something with my little one. I used to do yoga and Daisy does it at school.”
It is not too late for people to see the Kiss and Tell exhibition. It will be at Christchurch Mansion until April 28.
The next Family Yoga: Inspired by Sculpture is on Sunday, March 24. To find out more details, click here.