7 new restaurants that have opened across Suffolk so far in 2022
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Despite the rising cost of living, Suffolk's restaurant industry continues to thrive.
With a number of new establishments opening across the county in 2022, there's never a shortage of exciting dishes to sink your teeth into.
Here are seven new food spots have opened in seven Suffolk towns in the first half of the year.
The Botanist, Ipswich
Perhaps the most anticipated restaurant and bar to open in Ipswich in quite some time, The Botanist is already proving a hit in the town.
The menu is packed full of favourites from cheeseburgers to fish and chips and those who aren't driving have to treat themselves to a cocktail (or two) to wash the food down.
Rustico, Bury St Edmunds
Bury St Edmunds is well known for its many restaurants and the opening of Rustico added another tasty choice to the west Suffolk town's offering.
Since opening, it has proved a big hit in the town, with diners flocking to the restaurant for an authentic taste of Italy.
The Woodyard, Woodbridge
The latest restaurant to open on the banks of the iconic River Deben, The Woodyard is a Neapolitan pizza, cocktail and wine joint.
It's the newest venture from Charles and Eilir Rogers, who also run the award-winning Grundisburgh Dog pub and Grundisburgh Dog Deli in the nearby village.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
Duck & Teapot, Needham Market
It has become an ideal place to unwind and enjoy a light bite in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Kitchen, Felixstowe
The Kitchen is the new £1.5million cafe on the Felixstowe South Seafront and is immediately noticeable thanks to its striking architecture.
It's opening follows a two-year construction process and is the latest development in a series of upgrades taking places throughout the coastal town.
Pizzeria Locale, Saxmundham
If you live in and around Saxmundham, you're in for a treat with Pizzeria Locale.
Serving 12-inch Neapolitan-style pizza made with 24 hour slow fermented dough, this restaurant is a must visit for anyone craving some doughy goodness.
East Point Pavilion, Lowestoft
Instead of being just one restaurant, East Point Pavilion in Lowestoft is actually home to a number of eateries including Black Dog Pizza, Oishii Kitchen, Tres Hermanas and several more.
It opened in June and provides Lowestoft with a fresh and exciting boost to the local food scene, with locals now being spoilt for choice when it comes to filling their bellies.