Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- Credit: Emily Scott/Su Anderson
Suffolk-based food blogger and breakfast expert Emily Scott has been cooking up a storm over the last six years, as her Instagram breakfast empire has grown to more than 190,000 followers.
Ms Scott said "If I eat out, it's about quality, because I love cooking and am always in the kitchen.
"We are so lucky in Suffolk to have so many good places to eat. I recommend the Red Lion in Chelmondiston.
"I discovered this back in 2018, I was with my family, on our way back from Pin Mill. We stopped, they had a table going and we received such a warm welcome from Mandy and her staff. We were also really impressed with the quality of food."
Ms Scott continued: "In town, I love Mizu, the noodle bar. I much prefer going there than to a big chain like wagamamas. It's perfect for a quick lunch, or if you are going to the theatre or the cinema. My favourite is the Mizu combo noodles!
"I find any kind of asian food is always better in a restaurant.
"For something sweet, I really like Applaud. They have loads of delicious bakes, and sweet treats, although I must admit it has probably been a year since I went with how busy I've been on my book and with the pandemic. When I'm there, I'll go for any kind of cake.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 5 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 6 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 7 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 8 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 9 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 10 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
"I've had a good roast dinner at the Cookhouse, at the Suffolk Food Hall, and another place we enjoyed was the White Horse at Sibton, which is on the way to Halesworth. I had a lovely braised pork belly before, which is on their Sunday menu which was fantastic."
However, in the future the food blogger is not content with just heading back to old reliables, and hopes to expand her restaurant range.
"I'd really like to visit the Freston boot. I've heard such good things about it and they are all about seasonal produce, which is very much my thing."