Popular east Suffolk pub shortlisted for prestigious national award
- Credit: Archant
A popular Suffolk pub has been included in the shortlist for a prestigious national award.
The Great British Pub Awards has 18 different categories and pubs from all across the country have been shortlisted.
In Suffolk, The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell near Woodbridge was nominated in the 'Best Pub Chef' category, with head chef Dave Wall being recognised for his work.
Previously, The Unruly Pig has won a number of awards, including being named as the best gastropub in the UK by Estrella Damm and being named in The Times' list of the 30 best places in Britain for a Sunday roast.
It is also included in The Michelin Guide.
Ed Bedington, editor of The Morning Advertiser, which organises the awards, said: "Huge congratulations to all the finalists.
"The tough judging process is always difficult due to the high standard of pubs that enter.
"However, those decisions have now been made, and we have a very strong list of finalists that will be in the running to take the title of each of the categories, with one exceptional winner going on to be crowned the overall Great British Pub of the Year."
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 8 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
The awards will be held in Manchester on October 4.