When is World Gin Day 2021?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
World Gin Day is fast approaching so whether you enjoy a classic drink with ice and a slice or one of the growing variety of flavoured gin varieties here's everything you need to know.
What is World Gin Day?
The event looks to celebrate all things gin and help bars and brands to engage with gin lovers.
World Gin Day began back in 2009 and takes place every second Saturday in June.
When is this year's event?
You may also want to watch:
This year's event will be held on June 12.
What is done to mark World Gin Day?
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 6 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 7 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 8 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 9 England fans disappointed at goalless draw against Scotland
- 10 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
Celebrations are being held around the world to mark the event including the UK's largest virtual G & T where special craft gins will be showcased.
Does Suffolk have its own gin brands?
Suffolk is home to a number of popular gin brands from Southwold based Adnams Copper House to Fishers Gin which is made in Aldeburgh and the range offered by the House of Suffolk Distillery at Bacton and more.
Check out our comprehensive guide of East Anglian gins for more local gin makers.