Families can follow festive light trail as special map is launched in December
- Credit: HOLLIE WOLFE
Festive lights fan Frankie Nixon is getting in the Christmas spirit, by creating a map people can use to follow lit-up homes around Kesgrave during December.
Frankie said: “For years I have wanted to create a map that people can use to follow all the beautifully lit up houses in Kesgrave over the Christmas period. My parents each year go all out with decorating their house.
“This year I thought it was particularly important to spread some Christmas joy, whilst people get their daily exercise.”
MORE: Watch Ipswich Christmas lights switched on in virtual ceremonyFrankie has set up a Facebook page for the Kesgrave Festive Light Trail 2020, where her map will go live on December 1. She has already had a great response from people asking for their homes to be included.
“We’ve already got 22 houses which will be taking part, and there may be more when the trail launches at the start of December,” she said.
“We may not be able to have the big gatherings this year but we can find new things to enjoy.”
MORE: Have you already put up your decorations in lockdown?People will be able to use the map during December to visit the lights, and will be encouraged to take photos of themselves enjoying the trail.
You may also want to watch:
Frankie added she won’t include any personal details on the Facebook page. She is reminding everyone following the trail to keep to Covid-19 government guidelines.
It is hoped the trail will become an annual event.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
For more details, search for Kesgrave Festive Light Trail on Facebook.