Funky Voices to sing in Suffolk and Essex Sainsbury’s stores for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
A choir made up of the region’s most daring singers will perform to shoppers to raise money for poverty-stricken families.
The award-winning Funky Voices will visit Sainsbury’s stores across Suffolk and Essex on Saturday, March 18 in support of Comic Relief.
Made up of more than 300 people, the choir is this year celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Funky Voices will stage its chosen track for Comic Relief - Bang Bang by Jessie J - as well as other popular numbers.
A spokeswoman for the group said: “After the success of previous marathon tours, the choir are upping their game and doubling the number of towns they perform in, from three to six.”
Funky Voices will be at the following Sainsbury’s shops on March 18: Hadleigh Road, Ipswich at 12noon, Stanway and The Brewery Romford at 1.30pm, Brentwood and Rayleigh at 4pm and Springfield at 5.30pm, where the BBC will be filming for its Comic Relief television extravaganza.
- 1 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 2 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station