Gallery/Ipswich: Full Ipswich Music Day line-up announced
- Credit: Archant
The full line-up for this year’s Ipswich Music Day has been revealed.
More than 50 bands and singers will perform throughout Christchurch Park at the free event on Sunday, July 6. Organised by Ipswich Borough Council, there’s sure to be something for all tastes.
“It never ceases to amaze me just how many talented musicians we’ve got in this area. We have everything from acoustic to rock, indie to punk – and a lot more in between. Music Day is a Suffolk favourite and helps to establish Ip-art as the biggest festival in East Anglia. And it’s free, so come along and enjoy a great day the park,” said
Gordon Mole, head of cultural services.
An estimated 50,000 music lovers are expected to descend on the park from noon-8pm to see old favourites and perhaps some stars of the future. Ed Sheeran, who is performing a secret gig in Ipswich on bank holiday Monday, made his breakthrough after appearing at Music Day in 2010.
The stages are sponsored by Town 102, Suffolk New College, BBC Radio Suffolk, Suffolk One, Grapevine, Gallaghers and Galloway. Performers include Zoe and The Pulse, Horse Party, Martha B and Albion Mills.
Mr Mole also paid tribute to those who make Music Day happen.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 5 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 10 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
“I want to thank our own events team and volunteers who put the day together and also our many sponsors and partners who make it all possible. Now all we want is a day of sunshine.”
Galloway Live Stage: Abi Moore (acoustic), Lost Lungs (indie), Out of Fashion (rock), Phoenix (other), Silent Divide (rock), Stalker (rock), Talk Of The Town (covers), The Handsome Dead (indie)
BBC Radio Suffolk Stage: Albion Mills (rock), Alex Stockley (other), Mercury Skies (indie), Ska’d4life (ska)
Grapevine Acoustic Tent: Back Porch (blues), Fern Teather Band (acoustic), James Gillespie (acoustic), Kris keller (acoustic), Martha B (acoustic), Oliver Daldry (acoustic), Phil Jackson (acoustic), play_rewind_eject (acoustic), The Sea Creatures (folk),
Suffolk One Ed Sheeran Stage: Back to the Point (rock), Cathedrals and Cars (indie), Eva Black (rock), Horse Party (rock), Rhys Butterworth-Bowman (acoustic), Sleepless Wild (hip-hop/rap), Walkway (rock), Zoe and the Pulse (covers)
Town 102 Stage: Crossover (covers), Daisy Victoria (indie), Denial Twist (rock), Loveless (rock), Poesi (indie), Snippet (indie), SOUL’d Out (covers),
Suffolk New College Stage: Depth (rock), Holly Johnston (folk), Miss Murder (rock), Oculus (other), Omnislash (rock), Ralph Taylor (acoustic), Sink or Swim (rock), The 4130s (punk/hardcore)