Gallery/Review: Peter Andre, Ipswich Regent, September 28
Ipswich was the third stop last night on Peter Andre’s latest 24-date tour.
Backed by an impressive 10-piece band, with his brother Chris as the lead guitarist, Peter Andre has entered a new phase in his career with this tour. Suited and booted, without any of the gimmicks or costumes of the last few tours, this more grown up, sophisticated style certainly won over the ladies of Ipswich last night.
The music covered also had less of a pop feel and was heavily influenced by Peter’s trips to the US and in particular, New Orleans. Lots of rhythm, blues and swing featured, including the title track of his new album: Big Night.
Covers included the Pharell chart topper Happy and Stevie Wonder’s Sir Duke (You Can Feel It All Over). And, of course, it wouldn’t be a Peter Andre concert if he didn’t perform fan favourite, Mysterious Girl.
Inviting some of the audience up on the stage to dance along with the band and Peter himself was a great move on his part - it meant girls clambering over themselves to be chosen - not bad for his ego I’m sure!
You may also want to watch:
Even though in more recent months, he has been working on the TV programme, 60 Minute Makeover, it was clear for the audience to see that music will always be where Peter’s passion lies - and as long as the fans keep coming, he’ll keep performing.
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 8 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
Were you at the Regent last night? What did you think of Peter Andre’s performance?