Fly high at a free superhero day on Ipswich Cornhill
- Credit: Archant
Grab your cape for a fun superhero-themed event in Ipswich town centre this weekend.
Hero Quest is returning on Saturday, March 7 after a similar event last year was a big hit with youngsters.
The free event will run from 10.30am to 2.30pm. Hero HQ will be on the Cornhill, but the superheroes and villains will also be appearing at the Sailmakers and Buttermarket shopping centres. Altogether, 18 characters will be taking part in the day.
Last year's Hero Quest event was originally planned as one of the first events on the Cornhill after its refurbishment, but moved to Sailmakers because of bitterly cold weather.
Disney Princesses and heroes including Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were among those who took part, delighting their young fans, while virtual reality activities added to the fun.
You may also want to watch:
A number of other special events at the Cornhill are also planned over the coming weeks, including an Easter Fun Day on Thursday, April 9, which will feature a chance to try climbing walls and music from All Star Rock School.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties