Historian Dan Snow is coming to an Ipswich bookshop
- Credit: PA
TV presenter and historian Dan Snow is coming to the town for a book signing this autumn.
Dan is coming to Ipswich Waterstones in Buttermarket on Monday, November 12 from 4.30pm to 5.30pm and he will be signing copies of his new book ‘On This Day in History’.
The book brings to life a key event that happened on each day of the year, from the most important British battle you’ve never heard of to the first meeting of John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
The One Show regular has presented a number of programmes on the BBC including Armada, Grand Canyon and Vikings and his popular History Hit podcast is downloaded a million times a month.
Meg Burrows, senior bookseller at Ipswich Waterstones, said: “We are extremely excited to have Dan Snow in store for the signing of his new book.
“He is a brilliant historian and we know that a lot of customers are keen history enthusiasts themselves, so it will be great to have him with us.
READ MORE: A zombie survival run is coming to Suffolk for Halloween“The new book ‘On This Day in History’ sounds like a gem of information filled with great turning points and unlikely heroes - a perfect celebration of what is at the root of history, people.
“Dan’s depth of knowledge, his passion for that knowledge to be shared and his active role in our World today, makes him a pivotal figure in past and present history.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 5 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 8 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
“We are very much looking forward to having him here at Ipswich Waterstones and can’t wait for customers to see his new book.”