Join in with colourful Holi festival celebrations on Sunday
- Credit: SAM DAWES
This weekend you have the chance to join in with the “fantastic spectacle” of the Holi celebrations in Holywells Park, Ipswich.
Known as the festival of colour, the highlight of Holi is getting the chance to cover each other in coloured powder.
Shilpa Surana, of the Ipswich & Suffolk Indian Association, said: “Holi is always a community event.
“It’s a way of people from all cultures joining together, Holi is the Hindu harvest festival and we have a big bonfire in the middle which people throw popcorn into.”
Arranged with the support of Ipswich Borough Council, the colourful fun will take place between 12pm and 3pm this Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Festival-goers will be able to enjoy Bollywood music throughout the event and there will be lots of delicious Indian food available.
Coloured powder will be provided but people taking part are advised to bring a change of clothes – just in case.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 Eat like a Premier League footballer
- 9 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 10 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
People are also invited to bring along popcorn, grains and coconut to throw into the bonfire.
Free parking will be available at Cliff Lane Primary School.