Runners wear their best moustaches to join in MoRun through Ipswich park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of runners donned fancy dress and moustaches to join in a major run in Ipswich today, to raise awareness of men’s health.
People wearing superhero costumes, curly wigs and colourful capes took part in the MoRun, in Chantry Park.
Event manager Nathan Birdsall said: "Today's event at Chantry Park was great fun with a brilliant atmosphere for all of our MoBrothers, MoSisters and MiniMos!
"The course was a bit muddy, but the rain didn't deter anyone, with some fantastic times posted by our lead runners and everyone getting in to the true MoRun vibe.
"We had just around 450 runners for the Ipswich MoRun 2019 and we will be returning next year for our third year of MoRunning at Chantry Park."
The morning included a "Mini MoRun" event for children as well as 5k and 10k events.
The series of fun running events takes place across the UK and Ireland to raise cash for the Movember Foundation.
- 1 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 2 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 3 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 4 First look at new Arlingtons as venue reopening today
- 5 Mapped: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in June
- 6 How it unfolded, as Town pick up a 2-1 victory at Forest Green
- 7 Customers in for 'real treat' when pub reopens after two years
- 8 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 9 Teenager from Felixstowe School sings at Olympic Park
- 10 Award winning Felixstowe family card shop turns 75
It aims to highlight some of the biggest health issues faced by men, which include prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Each Ipswich MoRunner received a medal, as well as a MoRunning headband, and there were also special medals for the best fancy dress. Youngsters received a special Mini Mo T-shirt.