Runners wear their best moustaches to join in MoRun through Ipswich park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of runners donned fancy dress and moustaches to join in a major run in Ipswich today, to raise awareness of men’s health.
People wearing superhero costumes, curly wigs and colourful capes took part in the MoRun, in Chantry Park.
Event manager Nathan Birdsall said: "Today's event at Chantry Park was great fun with a brilliant atmosphere for all of our MoBrothers, MoSisters and MiniMos!
"The course was a bit muddy, but the rain didn't deter anyone, with some fantastic times posted by our lead runners and everyone getting in to the true MoRun vibe.
"We had just around 450 runners for the Ipswich MoRun 2019 and we will be returning next year for our third year of MoRunning at Chantry Park."
You may also want to watch:
The morning included a "Mini MoRun" event for children as well as 5k and 10k events.
The series of fun running events takes place across the UK and Ireland to raise cash for the Movember Foundation.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
It aims to highlight some of the biggest health issues faced by men, which include prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Each Ipswich MoRunner received a medal, as well as a MoRunning headband, and there were also special medals for the best fancy dress. Youngsters received a special Mini Mo T-shirt.