Ipswich and Southend gigs for soul star Beverley Knight
Queen of UK soul Beverley Knight brings her new tour to Ipswich and Southend next spring.
It’s been 20 years since the release of her debut album B-Funk. The tour, her first in four years, coincides with the release of her eighth, as yet untitled, studio record.
Wolverhampton born Knight has four gold albums, three MOBO Awards and several Brit Award nominations under her belt.
The multi-million album seller has recently been a hit in London’s West End too, appearing in The Bodyguard and Memphis The Musical, which earned her an Olivier Award nomination for best actress. She’s currently starring in an 11-week run of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats.
The tour will feature many of Knight’s hits as well as songs she’s performed in her critically acclaimed West End shows and material from the forthcoming album.
Tickets go on sale from 10am, Friday, November 6.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour