Watch - Video of Christmas stalls and entertainment at Saints Street Market
- Credit: Archant
Mulled wine, street food and music were among the attractions at Saints Street Market in Ipswich.
There was a steady crowd of people at the event on Sunday, December 2, with a varied range of stalls in St Peter’s Street.
Independent traders from the Saints area of town taking part included Cathy Frost of Love one gift shop, who has said it is becoming an annual fixture.
Community choir Suffolk Soul Singers performed as well as a range of buskers. There was also live music at the Thomas Wolsey from 1pm, with musicians including Phil Jackson, Denial Twist and Vero Chambers.
Quirky and unusual items and festive gifts on sale ranged from stained glass creations, bandanas, cheeky Christmas elves and handmade lino prints. There was also the chance to watch a weaver at work.
You may also want to watch:
To add to the festive atmosphere, there were Christmas trees on display and plenty of food on offer, including freshly-prepared curries and cupcakes.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 4 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 5 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 8 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show