Ipswich: Dancers needed to join Cinderella at the Regent
- Credit: Archant
Ever wished you were in the Ipswich Regent pantomime rather than watching it? Here’s your chance.
Enchanted Entertainment need dancers aged eight plus to perform alongside the professional cast of Cinderella from December 20-30.
There will be an open audition at the theatre on Sunday, September 21. Eight-11-year-olds will audition at 10am, with registration from 9.30am; 12-15-year-olds auditions are at 1pm, registration from 12.30pm; and over 16s can audition at 4pm with registration from 3.30pm.
There’s no upper age limit for dancers this year.
“We’re looking for local performers with dance experience and a strong jazz technique to be our dancers in ‘Cinderella’. All those auditioning need to bring appropriate clothing/footwear on the day and also be available to rehearse every Sunday during November and December as well as for the pantomime itself,” says producer Jezz Weatherall.
Cinderella stars Maureen Nolan as Fairy Godmother, Lee Latchford-Evans from Steps as Prince Charming, star of CBBC’s Wolfblood Gabrielle Green as Cinderella and Nick Wymer from CITV’s My Phone Genie as Baron Hardup.
“It’s going to be great fun for all the family. Cinderella is the most magical pantomime of them all with such wonderful characters as the horrible Ugly Sisters and of course Cinderella’s silly best friend Buttons. We also have real ponies in the show, which are going to look so amazing when the Fairy Godmother magically transports Cinders to the Ball being held by Prince Charming in her beautiful carriage,” adds director Guy Pascall.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Tickets are on sale now.