Ipswich: Dreams singer Gabrielle coming to the Regent
- Credit: Archant
Two decades since debuting at number one with Dreams, singer-songwriter Gabrielle is heading back on the road - including a date at the Ipswich Regent next year.
The tour, which comes to town on March 18, follows the release of new double album Now and Always – 20 Years Of Dreaming, out now.
It features a collection of her biggest selling songs including Rise, Give Me A Little More Time, Out Of Reach, Sunshine and If You Ever plus remixes by the likes of Daft Punk, Wookie and the Artufl Dodger.
There are also seven new songs which she has recently collaborated on with world renowned producers such as Syience, who has worked with Beyonce; Paddy Byrne, who has worked with Paloma Faith and Naughty Boy who has worked with Emeli Sande and revisited Gabrielle’s smash Dreams.
“I didn’t think we should mess with Dreams,” she admits, “but Naughty Boy did an amazing job. It sounds nothing like the old version. When I heard the rework, I was astonished – it was as if I just realised what a beautiful song Dreams is.”
You may also want to watch:
Gabrielle has sold 10million records and won a number of awards including two Brits, an Ivor Novello and two MOBOs.
Tickets for the show go on sale at 10am this Friday.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 10 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl