Ipswich: Inspired by the East Anglian landscape
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk artist at art gallery by the Waterfront
Lowestoft-based artist David Quantrill, who has been exhibiting for 25 years, is well known for his range and versatility.
His latest range of work, in mixed media, is now on display at the John Russell Gallery until August 9.
He said: “I love the physical process and feel of placing and pulling paint on any surface and watching a new image come out of it.”
He describes his work as abstract impressionism and takes his inspiration from the surrounding East Anglian lanscape and estuarites.
David Quantrill, mixed media paitings, John Russell Gallery until August 9, 2014
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 5 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 6 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring