Ipswich: ITFC players to take to catwalk for Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town footballers are set to take to the catwalk as part of the first-ever Ipswich Fashion Week.
The inaugural event, which takes place next week, will feature the latest fashion trends.
Organiser Pam Davis, of Fashion Candy based on Ipswich Waterfront, confirmed 10 Ipswich Town players will be modelling the club’s latest kit, benchwear and casualwear.
“They are excited to be joining us on the catwalk, alongside, Simon Milton, academy sponsorship manager at ITFC, who is our compere for the evening.”
However plans for the fashion event have had to be scaled back after poor ticket sales.
Ms Davis added: “The hair and beauty days have been cancelled however we have decided to go full steam ahead with one fashion show for Ipswich Fashion Week. It will showcase major High Street retailers and our local independents in a fabulous fashion show with an edge.
“The team at Fashion Candy have been working hard behind the scenes and the models have been rehearsing hard to put a great show together.”
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 8 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 9 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 10 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
X Factor stars Next of Kin will be performing two acoustic sets at the fashion show with other celebrity appearances also lined up.
As well as the fashion show at the Corn Exchange at 7.30pm, an event day in partnership with Suffolk New College will be held on Saturday, October 11, at Ipswich Town Hall from 10am to 4pm.
Tickets, costing £15, are available at Coes, Bijou Boutique and Urban Vintage among other retailers.
n Fashion Candy is working with Daniel Rolph, owner of Stomp Models, to find a new face for the casting company. He has invited all of the models to compete for this who will be in the spotlight throughout the fashion show.