Ipswich Music Day acts announced
- Credit: Archant
The acts for this year’s Ipswich Music Day have been revealed.
More than 50 artists and musicians will perform at the 26th annual event in the town’s Christchurch Park throughout Sunday, July 3.
Spread across multiple stages, there will be everything from rock and blues to acoustic, contemporary and classical performances
Organisers Ipswich Borough Council had a record number of applications from bands and musicians keen to play during the day, one of the largest free music events in the country which regularly attracts more than 40,000 visitors.
Dominic Clarke, who will be performing with Midnight and the Cosmonauts on the Ed Sheehan stage, said: “As a band we went to many festivals during our teen years and always wanted to play at Ipswich Music Day. I saw Ed Sheeran perform at the event when I was 14 so it’s a great opportunity to perform at the same event.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as music, visitors can enjoy a market place, funfair and food and drink stalls. More details are available at www.ipswichentertains.co.uk
The full line-up is:
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Lancaster Toyota Stage: Falldown In September, Gin Street, Mjsoul, Strike The Sun, Albion Mills, Walkway, Waxies Dargle and SKAD 4 LIFE.
Town 102 Stage: The Landed, Harry Slater Band, Rachel and The Reverbs, EllisRed, Reno and Rome, Tallulah and the Goodtimes Republic, Hot Tramp and The Vagaband.
BBC Suffolk Stage: Hurricane Alley, Kevin Pearce Band, JS and The Lockerbillies, The Martells, Star Club, Ashton Jones and The Inner Heart Band, Bouncing Off Concrete, Soul Kitchen and Monument.
Monument Stage, sponsored by Gallagher Car and Van Rental: Elly Tree, Diamond, Renegade Twelve, Druids, Kid Mojo and the Filters, Smart Alex, The Outlines and The Sutherlands.
Ed Sheeran Stage, sponsored by Suffolk New College: Midnight and the Cosmonauts, SURGE, BNCHMVRK, SNC Bands, Cardinal, Back to the Point and Stretch Soul Gang.
Grapevine Acoustic Stage: Shorelark, Robin Dicker, Ady Johnson, Connor Ryan Adams, Aartwork, Kev Walford and Kelly Pritchard, Tilly Dalglish and Finn Collinson, Nick Brown and The Broadside Boys.
Ipswich Arts Association
Christchurch Mansion Art Gallery: Ipswich Suzuki Group, Ipswich Gilbert and Sullivan Society, Ipswich Hospital Community Choir, Fille Harmonia - Wind Quintet, 4Seasons Theatre Group Suffolk and Ipswich Choral Society.
Bethesda Baptist Church: Silbury Hill, Ipswich Co-op Ladies Choir, Columbines, Camerata Singers, Black Barn Singers and Thanks and Close.
St Margaret’s Church: Musicology, Trianon Instrumentalists, Trianon Music Group Singers and Martlesham Brass.