Ipswich Music Day applications wanted
- Credit: citizenside.com
Would you like to perform in front of tens of thousands of people? Now’s your chance as Ipswich Music Day begins its annual search for stars of the future.
Singers and bands of all styles have been invited to apply to be part of the 2016 line-up in Christchurch Park on Sunday, July 3.
You have from March 1 to 5pm on March 14 to get your applications in. It’s easy, taking just 10 minutes to complete.
More than 50 entertainers are chosen each year for what is the largest free one-day music event in the UK.
Ipswich Music Day is part of Ipswich Borough Council’s annual Ip-Art Festival. It’s also where superstar Ed Sheeran made his breakthrough in 2010.
The Framlingham singer, who just picked up two coveted Grammys in Los Angeles, was proud to lend his name to the event and the Ed Sheeran Stage is again sponsored by Suffolk New College.
More than 40,000 fans are expected to flock to the park from noon-8pm to see old favourites perform and find some new ones across six stages.
To apply to be part of this year’s Ipswich Music Day go to www.ipswich.gov.uk/ipswichmusicday
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
- 8 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
For the latest entertainment and event news see Friday’s paper for your essential Event guide to what’s on across the region over the next seven days.