Ipswich panto star Andrew Fleming fails to impress Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Credit: Archant
Impressionist Andrew Fleming’s Britain’s Got Talent dream may be over, but he’ll be back to wow Ipswich audiences this Christmas.
A fan favourite as Smee in the Enchanted Entertainment pantomime Peter Pan in 2013, he failed to win over judges Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden in Monday’s semi-final.
Both hit their buzzers, describing his act as dated. Fellow judge Simon Cowell felt they were being harsh, adding he didn’t think the hit ITV1 show did his production any favours presentation-wise.
Fleming returns to the Ipswich Regent from December 19-30 as Wishee Washee in Aladdin.
“I’m disappointed... I couldn’t do all the material I wanted to do. It’s a TV programme, you play it the way they want to play it,” he said.
“I was going to do Stephen Mulhern, Alan Carr, Gogglebox, George Ezra, Ed Sheeran, bang up to date stuff, presented simply. I was sorry I didn’t get the chance to tell Amanda that doing current stuff was always my aim. I’m really looking forward to see the fantastic Ipswich audiences again at the lovely Regent theatre.”
Enchanted Entertainment’s Guy Pascall said BGT’s loss was the company’s gain: “We know he’s a fantastic impressionist. In pantomime he has the freedom to do things he can’t do on TV so we’re looking forward to planning lots of hilarious routines with Andy for Aladdin. He brings so much comedy to the show, the problem for us is trying to squeeze everything in because he’s so funny.”
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 10 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family