Ipswich: Your chance to open Fiona Bevan and Kal Lavelle’s Song Sisters gig at St Peters by the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Fiona Bevan and Kal Lavelle have teamed up to shine the spotlight on female singer songwriters - and they want your help.
Only 13% of songs registered with PRS for Music are by women so the pair decided to do something about it and launched their Song Sisters tour, which comes to Ipswich’s St Peters by the Waterfront on July 27.
Bevan, from Sudbury, who co-wrote One Direction’s hit Little Things with Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran, and Lavelle, whose song Fell in love with my friend has notched up more than 51,000 views on the Ont’Sofa on line tv site, are looking for an up and coming Suffolk songstress to open the show.
Not only is it the chance to open for two acts who have supported Sheeran on tour, there will be a free to join, females only, songwriting masterclass and song surgery at the venue. To book your place, email email@example.com
Somebody from PRS for Music will also be on hand to offer tips on making a career out of music.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very happy to be involved with the Song Sisters initiative; a rare opportunity for aspiring songwriters and composers to hear first-hand how successful songwriters write successful songs and how those songs can go on to form the backbone of a successful career,” says education and outreach manager Andy Ellis.
The tour has already won the support of BBC Radio 2’s Bob Harris, Peggy Seeger, BBC London’s Gaby Roslin and Amazing Radio’s Ruth Barnes to name a few.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
Doors open at 7pm, with music from 7.30pm.
To apply to open the show, post a video of yourself performing live on the Folkstock Arts Foundation facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Folkstock-Arts-Foundation/435099766559281