Review: Jane McDonald was truly outstanding and put on a feel good show
- Credit: MEGAN ALDOUS
Jane McDonald’s show at Ipswich Regent ended with the crowd erupting in applause and giving her a standing ovation.
The performer has been on tour to celebrate 20 years in showbiz and visited the Ipswich Regent on Saturday, September 15.
The concert was completely sold out and there was not an empty seat in sight.
The TV star performed various songs from the 60s, 80s and 90s which were played by her impressive band and accompanied by great choreography and exciting lighting.
Next to Jane throughout the show were her very talented backing singers, the three girls had perfected their dance routines and moved in sync with each other - it was very eye catching and complimented Jane’s performance well.
I was completely blown away by the talent Jane has I had no idea just how powerful and remarkable her voice was - CDs and videos really don’t do her justice.
The singer seemed overwhelmed with the response she got from the crowd as after almost every song the audience would clap so much she had to delay moving on to her next song.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 8 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 9 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 10 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
Highlights for me were when the star sang a block of ABBA songs and two tracks from The Greatest Showman (This is Me and Never Enough).
Jane’s Never Enough performance was breathtaking the room was silent as the crowd hung on to her every word.
In between songs Jane chatted to the crowd, she was so amusing and made everyone laugh.
It is no surprise the national fell in love with her bubbly personality on The Cruise TV show back in the 90s.
The show ended on a high with every member of the audience taking to their feet to give Jane McDonald and her band a very well deserved standing ovation.