Kesgrave’s Tania Hambleton from RYT loses battle on ITV’s The Voice
A Suffolk singer has tonight been knocked out of a TV talent show along with her boyfriend who together form the music duo RYT.
Former Kesgrave High School pupil Tania Hambleton and partner Ryan North went head-to-head with fellow contestant Jamie Grey to keep their place on Olly Murs’s team on The Voice.
The acts gave a heartfelt performance of ‘Falling Slowly’ by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova during round two of “the battles” on the ITV show.
But Olly, who is from Witham in Essex, chose to take Jamie through to the next stage.
He said: “I’m going to base this purely on the battle and who I felt came out fighting from the minute to the end and so I’m going to have to go with Jamie.”
RYT took to Twitter after their departure to thanks Olly for his support, writing: “Wow, hands down the best experience of our life, and a lot of that we have this guy to thank for. Honestly one of the most genuine guys we’ve throughout this whole process, and his advise and compliments will stay with us forever, cheers Mr Murs.”
Tania featured in this newspaper in 2009 when she was chosen to sing at a fundraising event to tackle knife crime in the wake of the murder of Harry Potter actor, Rob Knox.
The 24-year-old performed at her old Suffolk primary school with Ryan in January after first appearing on The Voice.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women