Latitude: American star Kelis impresses with hits from latest album ‘Food’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Maybe they should have given Kelis the headline spot.
Despite being nearly 15 minutes late, the American singer still managed to squeeze in most of her popular songs.
The crowd ‘bounced’ along as she also performed songs from her latest album ‘Food’.
Her strong vocal range was displayed as Kelis, and her backing singer, challenged each other to hit the highest notes.
She also performed solo versions of two songs she had performed with other artists, ‘Millionaire’ (which was originally with Andre 3000) and ‘Got Your Money’ (which shot her to fame with Old Dirty Bastard), which were well received by the ever growing crowd.
There was a distinctive jazz feel to the set as well, as she performed Fireworks, Acapella, Trick Me and the song most were looking forward to, the 2003 hit Milkshake, with the sounds of the backing band coming through strong throughout.
As bubbles came across the crowd, with one even hitting the singer – she didn’t mind however as she said she loved bubbles – the only disappointment I had was thinking what the set could have been with 15 extra minutes.
For full Latitude coverage, see our Latitude 2014 page www.eadt.co.uk/what-s-on/latitude. To share your views and photos via Twitter, add #Latitude to your tweets.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail