Magician Paul Daniels leads the cast of Ipswich Regent panto Aladdin
- Credit: Archant
Magic fans will like this, a lot - Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee are starring in Aladdin at the Ipswich Regent this Christmas.
Enchanted Entertainment return from December 19-30 for 19 shows.
“We’ve got a dazzling pantomime lined up this Christmas. It’s going to be full of magical illusions with Paul Daniels bringing his unique talents to this year’s pantomime. Audiences are in for a visual treat with a flying carpet, a magic lamp, a wizard and the most outrageous Genie,” said producer Guy Pascall.
“There’s also the love story between Aladdin and Princess Jasmine, as well as side-splitting comedy routines, high-octane dance numbers, plenty of audience participation, fantastic sets and costumes, jokes galore for all the family and the most talented panto cast in the country”.
Daniels stars as The Emperor and McGee will be the Slave of the Ring.
They will be joined by X-Factor runner-up and platinum-selling singer Andy Abraham as the Genie of the Lamp, Disney Channel presenter and West End star Samantha Dorrance as Princess Jasmine, CBBC’s M.I High actor Chris Stanton as Abanazar and impressionist and Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist Andrew Fleming as Wishee Washee.
Ipswich Borough Council councillor Bryony Rudkin added: “Paul Daniels leads a strong cast which will bring magic and excitement to Aladdin, the region’s best and brightest panto this Christmas. The Regent Theatre will again provide a top quality show for all the family.”
- 1 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 2 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 3 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 4 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 5 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 6 Investigations ongoing into 'inter-gang disputes' in town
- 7 Convicted murderer released on temporary license arrested in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 9 21-year-old man drowned on hottest day of the year, inquest hears
- 10 Meeting to discuss traffic calming measures after community concerns
Tickets are on sale now.