Mark Thomas previews new show Check Up - Our NHS at 70 at The Avenue Theatre, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Mark Thomas uses his own demise to explore the state of the National Health Service in latest show Check Up - Our NHS at 70.
The work in progress visits The Avenue Theatre, Ipswich, on July 6.
He’s 54, the NHS is 70 and UK national average life expectancy is 84. If Mark makes it to 84 the NHS will be 100, what will they both look like?
Based on a series of interviews with leading experts in and on the NHS, residencies in hospitals and surgeries and with director Nicolas Kent, Mark asks what’s going wrong in our NHS, how it can go right and what the future might hold for all of us.
Tickets go on sale from 10am today.
It’s also been announced that comedian Paul Foot will be returning to the theatre, the home of Red Rose Chain, on June 8 with a preview of his new show Image Conscious. A third of the tickets have already sold.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 10 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut