Mica Paris, Jorgie Porter and Keith Jack star in Fame The Musical at Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Contributed
Mica Paris, Jorgie Porter and Keith Jack lead the cast of Fame - The Musical, coming to the Ipswich Regent as part of its new 30th anniversary tour.
Based on the 1982 film, it follows the highs and lows of students at New York’s High School For The Performing Arts; exploring issues just as relevant today like prejudice, identity, sexuality and substance abuse.
Chart-topper, actress and TV presenter Mica, who plays Miss Sherman, said: “The movie was a big favourite of mine because it really was the first glimpse of what the beginning process of becoming trained artist entailed - I’m so happy to be in the musical.”
Jorgie, playing Iris Kelly, is best known as Theresa McQueen in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks, for wich she was nominated for Best Serial Drama Performance at the National Television Awards and Best Newcomer at the British Soap Awards.
She also played the role of Miss Croft in BBC1’s highly acclaimed remake of Are You Being Served.
The former Dancing On Ice and I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! contestant is also a longtime fan of the movie.
“I’m so excited to be making my stage debut playing Iris. I’ve not had a chance to perform ballet for a long time, it’s what I originally trained in - so I’m looking forward to getting my ballet shoes on.”
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 Woman admits assault after bringing knife to victim's home
Keith Jack, playing Nick Piazza, is best-known as the runner-up on BBC1’s Any Dream Will Do.
His extensive theatre credits include the UK tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Only The Brave and Forever Plaid. He’s no stranger to the Ipswich Regent, having played the Prince in the 2016 Enchanted Entertainment pantomime Sleeping Beauty.
Keith’s concert appearances include performing for HM The Queen at the Parliament Picnic and touring with John Barrowman.
He said: “I am really looking forward to performing the role of Nick in the UK Tour of Fame and I’m excited about working with Selladoor Productions again.”
The tour is directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
Fame – The Musical visits Ipswich from October 29-November 3. Tickets are on sale via www.ipswichregent.com