Rock musical on Ipswich Town's 1981 UEFA Cup win set to take to stage
- Credit: Mike Kwasniak
A rock musical which celebrates Ipswich Town's legendary 1981 UEFA Cup win is set to take to the stage this week.
Never Lost At Home will be performed at Ipswich's New Wolsey Theatre for the first time on Thursday.
Directed by Peter Rowe and starring Peter Peverley as Blues manager Sir Bobby Robson, the show follows the story of Town's fairytale victory with a 1980s soundtrack of classic rock and disco hits.
It follows Rowe's previous Ipswich Town musical Our Blue Heaven, which delighted theatregoers at the New Wolsey in 2018.
Never Lost At Home runs until Saturday, October 9.
Tickets for the show, which will also be livestreamed, are available on The New Wolsey website, wolseytheatre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
The New Wolsey will also offer relaxed performances, British Sign Language performances, captioning and audio description for people who need it.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?