Pete Andre’s back in Ipswich - and you could be there to see him
IPSWICH: Long queues built up today outside the Regent as tickets went on sale to see pop sensation Peter Andre in concert.
And to celebrate his return to Ipswich, The Evening Star has six tickets to give away to lucky readers.
The Australian singer, who was born in London, will be performing at three “more intimate” venues including the Regent and in Cambridge and Plymouth.
Tickets for the Ipswich performance on Monday, November 29, went on sale today at 10am and are expected to sell out within hours.
Promoters say these smaller gigs will give the pop star a chance to try out new material in advance of his arena tour in December, which takes in Manchester, Newcastle, Cardiff and London’s O2 Arena.
David Mansfield, general manager at the Regent, said: “Peter Andre was one of our fastest selling artists last year and his performance in February received rave reviews.
“He caused quite a stir with the ladies when he came last time, so he is incredibly popular here.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 7 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“From our point of view, it’s fantastic that he’s coming to Ipswich and I would expect all the tickets to sell out within a few hours.
“It’s always nice when we have a packed house because here you are far closer to the artists than you would be in an arena so you feel far more part of the production.”
And to celebrate his return to Ipswich, the Star has six tickets to give away – one pair of platinum tickets in the first few rows of the stalls, as well as two pairs of stalls tickets.
Earlier this year, the singer sold out his 38-date Revelations UK tour, which included a performance in Ipswich. The singer, who split from former wife Katie Price last year, is currently working on new material to be released before he goes on tour.
Tickets are available at www.ipswichregent.com or from the box office on 01473 433100.
n To stand a chance of winning tickets to the concert, answer this simple question: On which hit TV reality show did Peter Andre meet ex-wife Katie Price?
Send your answers to PO Box 137, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1EH. The closing date for entries is Friday, August 20.