Prestigious Encore Dance Company at Ipswich’s DanceEast
- Credit: Archant
The Encore Dance Company, featuring students about to graduate from the third year of their sixth form at the prestigious Tring Park School for the Performing Arts in Hertfordshire, are visiting Ipswich’s Jerwood DanceHouse.
Under the direction of Antony Dowson, a former principal at the Royal Ballet who has danced with Margot Fonteyn and Rudolph Nureyev, the 19-strong cast will perform classical ballet, jazz, contemporary, commercial dance and more from 7.30pm, April 24.
The programme includes the Concerto pas de deux choreographed by Sir Kenneth MacMillan with the music of Shostakovich.
There will also be a number of newly commissioned works by internationally acclaimed choreographers including Kerry Nicholls, who has created a new piece of contemporary dance.
Former Tring Park student, now award-winning choreographer, Drew McConie recreates Be Mine with the music of Judy Garland.
Ernst Meisner, director of the Junior Ballet Company at Het National Ballet in Amsterdam, has recreated a work previously performed by his Junior Company.
Jodie Blemings, director of Chrysalis Dance London, has created a new contemporary work. Layla Ellison and Gaz Davis are also creating two new pieces of commercial dance for Encore Dance alongside work by Antony Dowson, Encore’s director; Lorraine Jones and Morgan Cloud.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
Tring Park School for the Performing Arts is world famous for its dance credentials, having produced many a professional dance star and choreographer.
Its young dance students perform in West End ballet productions with the English National Ballet at the London Coliseum. Alumni include Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley plus Downton Abbey’s Lily James and Jessica Brown-Findlay.