Queen’s We Will Rock You has new date for Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Following the closure of all UK theatres, as part of the Coronavirus lockdown, the 2020 performance of Queen & Ben Elton’s smash hit musical ‘We Will Rock You’ at the Ipswich Regent has been rescheduled for early 2021.
The producers of ‘We Will Rock You’ did not want to disappoint fans who had bought tickets, so they have been working to reschedule as many of the shows as quickly as possible giving people something to look forward to in these unsettling times.
We will Rock You will be returning to the Ipswich Regent between March 8-13, 2021. Producers said: “We are delighted to announce the good news that the musical extravaganza will once again rock theatres across the UK. Details of how to exchange tickets will follow in the coming weeks.”
Brian May said: “Happy to say our magnificent UK tour of ‘We Will Rock You’, the Rock Theatrical, will rise again. The Coronavirus has had us all on the run - but live theatre will win in the end! Keep hold of your bookings and The Vibe will be yours in 2020.”
Roger Taylor added: “This is great news, I’m so pleased to see the show on the road again.”
Ben Elton agreed: “I was so pleased to get the great news that ‘We Will Rock You’ is to be remounted next year after being forced to close mid tour and I hope Queen’s incred-ible music can help to make us feel like Champions again.”
‘We Will Rock You’ has seen unprecedented success in theatres all around the world since it began in 2002. The show has received continuous rave reviews and standing ovations in every town and city it has visited, and will be ready to pick up exactly where it left off in January 2021.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Dog rescued from flat fire