Relive your childhood at free retro gaming event in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Sonic the Hedgehog are all set to take over the Cornhill in Ipswich.
Gazebos and gamers will congregate on the Cornhill on Saturday, April 6 as a free retro gaming event takes place.
The games will all be played on old-fashioned CRT TVs, so you will feel like you have been transported back to the 1990s.
Attendees can expect to get their hands on a range of different consoles including original Gameboys, old school PS2s and XBox 360s.
The event, which will run from 10am to 4pm, has been organised by All About Ipswich and Bring Back Retro Gaming.
Miles Prowler, who runs Bring Back Retro gaming, said: “They’ll be loads of original home consoles from the Master System to the Wii U with lots of games to choose from.
“We’ll have arcade shooting games and dance mats and the cafe in the hall will be open for food and drinks.
- 1 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 2 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 3 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 4 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 5 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 6 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 7 Lane closure as lorry overturns on A14 in Felixstowe
- 8 Pride as Ipswich A Level students celebrate results
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
“Other consoles we’ll have are Megadrive, N64, SNES, PS1, PS2 and we’ll have games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic and GoldenEye.”
Miles and his team recently held an event at La Tour Cafe, you can read more about it here.