Relive your childhood at free retro gaming event in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Sonic the Hedgehog are all set to take over the Cornhill in Ipswich.
Gazebos and gamers will congregate on the Cornhill on Saturday, April 6 as a free retro gaming event takes place.
The games will all be played on old-fashioned CRT TVs, so you will feel like you have been transported back to the 1990s.
Attendees can expect to get their hands on a range of different consoles including original Gameboys, old school PS2s and XBox 360s.
The event, which will run from 10am to 4pm, has been organised by All About Ipswich and Bring Back Retro Gaming.
You may also want to watch:
Miles Prowler, who runs Bring Back Retro gaming, said: “They’ll be loads of original home consoles from the Master System to the Wii U with lots of games to choose from.
“We’ll have arcade shooting games and dance mats and the cafe in the hall will be open for food and drinks.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
“Other consoles we’ll have are Megadrive, N64, SNES, PS1, PS2 and we’ll have games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic and GoldenEye.”
Miles and his team recently held an event at La Tour Cafe, you can read more about it here.