Review: Anastacia, Ultimate Collection Tour, Ipswich Regent, June 7
- Credit: Archant
From an Anastacia show, one can expect several things - belting pop-rock anthems, some sincere interactions with the audience and a thoroughly good time.
With her well-known fight against breast cancer and a renewed sense of defiance following the Manchester and London attacks, the 48-year-old Chicago native pulled out each and every stop with a heartfelt, bombastic performance.
Despite all her hits, it took a rousing rendition of the Foo Fighters classic Best of You to get the crowd fully on its feet.
From that point on, things didn’t slow down. I’m Outta Love, Not That Kind, Left Outside Alone and Paid My Dues were given the appropriate injection of rock and soul thanks to a strong backing band and some stunning support vocalists.
Thanks to a recent turn on the Strictly dance floor, and a back catalogue of Top 40 singles to rival most artists, Anastacia remains a great entertainer with a strong following.
You may also want to watch:
There’s nothing subtle about her, but that’s why her fans love her 17 years after she first burst onto the scene.
Read entertainment writer Wayne Savage’s chat with her here.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 8 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 9 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer