Review: Andy Parsons at the Corn Exchange, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Andy Parsons showed why he was one of the nation’s most popular comedians at the Ipswich Corn Exchange on Saturday night.
Parsons, who was in Suffolk as part of his 2015 tour, Live and Unleashed – But Naturally Cautious, opened the show by talking about the wonder of the Corn Exchange – and that he hoped the empty seats in the second row would soon be filled.
The topic of the stand-up set was actually quite bleak – about how disappointing we, the world, and even the sun, actually are – but Parson, with his wit and humour had the audience in fits of laughter.
His wit and quick thinking also proved how he was one of the best in his profession, and I’m sure left many, myself included, with an aching face following two hour set.
When the people missing in the second row arrived late, he stopped where he was, and gave them a brief recap of what they had missed without missing a beat or losing where he was. Also, as a solitary piece of white paper fell from the ceiling, Parsons made the most of the moment, telling the audience he had been looking to get ticker-tape to fall from the ceiling of the venue, and continued to go back to it, as well as the second row, for the remainder of the show.
You may also want to watch:
The Mock the Week panellist’s two hour set was well crafted, and full of content.
A truly hilarious evening was provided – lets just hope next time Parsons comes to Ipswich he’ll be able to get that ticker-tape finish he wanted this time.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront