Review – Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom, Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
This week you can go on a magical adventure with Ben and Holly – who have found the perfect recipe for entertaining young children.
It takes something quite special to keep a one-year-old, a three-year-old and their five-year-old big brother captivated for well over an hour, but that is what these cartoon favourites did this afternoon.
Their all singing, all dancing performance took us from one scene to another, the fast-pace keeping the show lively for even the smallest of fans.
Audience participation was encouraged at times but this was no pantomime, and children largely sat quietly watching the fun unfold.
Gaston the ladybird was a favourite, scooting around the set with a happy, smiley expression and Nanny Plum proved a hit as the matriarch of the show.
You may also want to watch:
A clever adaptation of a TV hit and a great Easter treat. If you have tickets, enjoy!
Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Regent Theatre, Ipswich – until Thursday, April 13.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot