Review: Jimmy Carr, Ipswich Regent, Friday October 14
- Credit: PA
This was another night of stand up comedy from Jimmy Carr, on what seems to be his never ending The Best Of, Ultimate, Gold, Greatest Hits Tour.
Another night of stand up comedy from Jimmy Carr, on what seems to be his never ending tour of The Best Of, Ultimate, Gold, Greatest Hits Tour.
After over a decade of being on the stand-up scene, Jimmy Carr has collected his favourite jokes and greatest material to form his latest show.
Performing on a simple stage, to a sell out audience at the Regent Theatre in Ipswich, Jimmy opened by welcoming hecklers to join in and warning the audience that some of his jokes will involve topics that may not please everyone.
Throughout the show, he constantly pushed the boundaries of humour and despite often causing a mixed reaction of sharp ooh-too-far intakes of breath and raucous laughter, it seemed everyone enjoyed themselves.
With his dark style of comedy, he covered a variety of topics using his classic one liners, a few anecdotes and an ingenious section in which the audience shared jokes, comments and even a request for an apology from a disgruntled boyfriend via text onto the stage.
Jimmy was on top form and his reaction to hecklers was a definite highlight; one gentleman, Brian, certainly felt the sharp end of his tongue on multiple occasions and we all learnt a lot about Ashley’s Mum.
- 1 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 2 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 8 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Although at times the set did not flow seamlessly, as live stand-up goes Jimmy was excellent, with expert comedic timing and intelligent, sharp wit.
This show is all of his of best bits rolled into one, and a guaranteed great night out.