Review: Jon Richardson brings his Old Man tour to Ipswich Regent on September 23
- Credit: Archant
How to describe Jon Richardson? Well he’s certainly better than poo on a bouncy castle!
The 8 out of 10 Cats and Cats does Countdown star did not disappoint with his Old Man tour at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday night.
Wearing his trademark cardigan (or two) and pastel shirt, Richardson entertained the sell-out crowd with his musings on life’s short-comings.
He interacted well with the crowd, particularly RNLI volunteer Gary Openshaw, and had the audience chuckling along with his tales of everyday life with a delightful comic twist. There is something for everyone from toilet humour to satire.
The crowd was laughing from the off and Richardson’s story-telling rhythm kept them chortling through-out.
You may also want to watch:
While telling a room of hundreds of people you prefer abuse to compliments on Twitter may be a brave and risky move, he is unlikely to get his wish due to the calibre of his performance.
Definitely a show to watch should you get the chance - and if you miss out then look out for his next tour. You won’t regret it - no pressure Jon!
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads