Review – Merry time had by all at Ipswich Regent for Robin Hood Easter panto fun
- Credit: Archant
It was panto time at the Ipswich Regent this afternoon with Robin Hood and his band of merry men taking centre stage for the Easter production hosted by Enchanted Entertainment, the same company which brought us the Christmas offering just a few months ago.
Here Scarlett and Faith Brothers, aged 10 and eight respectively, give us their view on the family caper.
For a touring pantomime the visual effects are very good, say the sisters.
They were impressed by the live band and said it added to the banter between the characters on the stage and with the audience. However occasionally the solo microphones were lost against the music.
The modern songs and actions appealed to the younger members of the audience, as did the frequent talent show references to the starring celebrities.
You may also want to watch:
Friar Tuck and Granny “with a G” were very funny and were very interactive, they thought.
Our critics for the afternoon said the second half was performed in a more traditional style which the audience enjoyed and it contained the highlight of the show, the comedy number “If I was not upon the stage” which had everyone in stitches.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
The inclusion of Little Red Riding Hood complemented the Robin Hood story, and Granny’s entrance from the wardrobe in her underwear was hysterical.
If this show was anything to go by, we would recommend that future pantos by this company, they concluded.