Review: Peter Andre, Ipswich Regent, March 21
Playing to a sell-out crowd last night, Andre ended his tour in style.
Although billed as a swing tour, it actually became more of a mix up of his hits and his favourite covers with a few swing numbers thrown in for good measure.
Not that the crowd complained. Having been in the business for more than 20 years, Andre has such a wide ranging fan base - from teenagers to grannies and couples to girls nights out.
He could have stood on the stage, not moved and not sung a note and the loyal fans would have still gone home raving about him.
He definitely didn’t do that. He sang and danced for nearly two hours and had the audience on their feet from the moment he stepped on stage. He is such an entertainer and loves what he does which came through over and above anything else.
Singing classics such as Party All Night and the fan’s favourite Mysterious Girl was when he seemed most confident. It wouldn’t be an Andre tour without a medley of songs by his hero, Michael Jackson.
Mixing it up with current hits such as Sorry by Justin Bieber and classics such as Bobby Brown’s My Prerogative he also, somehow, made his way through the crowd to select a female to join him on stage. Despite getting mobbed as he passed through he still managed to keep singing
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
Having a career with such longevity is no mean feat and his reputation as one of the nicest guys in showbusiness isn’t unfounded. I’m sure he’s off for a well-deserved rest now but I think I speak for all of last night’s Regent when I say that we look forward to welcoming him back next year.