Review: Ross Noble is comic King at the Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Where do you start with Ross Noble?
From Sunday night’s performance at the Ipswich Regent he certainly delivered on being known as Britain’s number-one surrealist comedian. No-one went home from the performance without a large smile on their face – he was constantly funny.
He’s a heavyweight comic with an armoury of tricks – his sheer energy and physicality generated a lot of laughs but that doesn’t cover enough of what he’s about.
The timing, impersonating and endless stream of consciousness left me and hundreds of others never wanting the show to end.
What gave the evening such vibrancy was Noble’s fizz but also the show’s format. He relies on the audience – individual’s appearances and heckles – for much of the content. He picked on a woman in a bright outfit with matching bird puppet and someone who happened to be her colleague sat a few seats away.
You may also want to watch:
This cued several jokes about their home town of Stowmarket, much to the audience’s delight.
Although on many occasions I was left pleasantly bemused with some of his absurd outbursts; Noble also ventured onto less stable ground with gags about convicted showbiz sex abusers.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
His enthusiasm, child-like imagination, baggy clothes and curly locks endeared him to people and meant there was never a dull moment in the more than two hour show.