Review: Shane Filan, Ipswich Regent, November 25
- Credit: Archant
Playing a more intimate gig than he’s been used to in recent years, Shane - formerly of Westlife fame - came to Ipswich as part of his You and Me tour. The audience was almost entirely made up of females and Shane and his five piece band certainly knew how to entertain.
I’ve been a (not so secret) Westlife fan since they burst on to the scene more than 12 years ago, but last night proved undoubtedly that Shane has always been the star of the show. His vocals were on point and the sound at the Regent was fantastic.
Supported by a live band - with the violin player in particular standing out - Shane sang his way through a mix of covers, Westlife classics and tracks from his first solo album.
He looked completely at ease on his own and although the fans were throughly enjoying the Westlife hits, his solo material didn’t disappoint either.
Ashley was the lucky lady plucked from the audience to be serenaded and it gave Shane a chance to show off his humorous yet caring demeanour.
Having gone through a tough few years, one thing that must have helped Shane through is the support of his fans and that was completely evident last night. He’s truly grateful and the fans are truly glad he’s back.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze