A rum and reggae festival is coming to Ipswich
- Credit: Contributed
Are you ready to be taken on a journey around the world? The Rum and Reggae Festival is coming to East Anglia next year bringing with it carnival dancers, spiced rums and a smooth selection of reggae music.
The Rum and Reggae Festival is touring the UK and it is coming to Ipswich Town Hall on February 16 before visiting Colchester Charter Hall on March 16.
Organisers of the event have described it as “a colourful and tantalising affair”.
On entry festival goers will be greeted with a rum punch and handed a rum atlas – a pocket-sized guide detailing the selection of hand-picked rums available from all corners of the globe.
There will be special craft rums to sample and buy with everything from exotic fruit blends to dark aromatics and well-rounded rums.
You may also want to watch:
You will be able to try some award-winning rums too.
For those wanting something a little special, there will be a rum cocktail bar plus a Cubanisto beer bar for those less keen on spirits.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
Traditional Caribbean food will be served and there will be steel drum performances and reggae acts to add to the atmosphere, transporting festival goers to a far more exotic place.
And a free photo booth will help you capture those memorable festival moments.
Tickets are £13.99 and can be bought here.