A rum and reggae festival is coming to Ipswich
- Credit: Contributed
Are you ready to be taken on a journey around the world? The Rum and Reggae Festival is coming to East Anglia next year bringing with it carnival dancers, spiced rums and a smooth selection of reggae music.
The Rum and Reggae Festival is touring the UK and it is coming to Ipswich Town Hall on February 16 before visiting Colchester Charter Hall on March 16.
Organisers of the event have described it as “a colourful and tantalising affair”.
On entry festival goers will be greeted with a rum punch and handed a rum atlas – a pocket-sized guide detailing the selection of hand-picked rums available from all corners of the globe.
There will be special craft rums to sample and buy with everything from exotic fruit blends to dark aromatics and well-rounded rums.
You will be able to try some award-winning rums too.
For those wanting something a little special, there will be a rum cocktail bar plus a Cubanisto beer bar for those less keen on spirits.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
Traditional Caribbean food will be served and there will be steel drum performances and reggae acts to add to the atmosphere, transporting festival goers to a far more exotic place.
And a free photo booth will help you capture those memorable festival moments.
Tickets are £13.99 and can be bought here.