Seaside Special at the Spa
FELIXSTOWE: Theatre-goers can look forward to a slick evening of real top-quality variety entertainment as a popular show returns to the Spa Pavilion for the third year.
Seaside Special runs on Cromer Pier every summer and thousands flock to enjoy it, and managers of Felixstowe’s seafront theatre are delighted to be hosting it again.
“Seaside Special is often described as one of the fastest, classiest shows you are ever likely to see and while it might have a slight air of the traditional, this is all bang up to date 21st century entertainment,” said theatre manager Julie Howes.
“This year’s show doesn’t disappoint and, if anything, crams in even more variety than last year.”
Tickets are still available but are selling fast for the four performances – Friday, September 24 and Saturday, September 25 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a real family show with everything from comedy to song, talented musicians to unusual acts.
Virtuoso electric violinist Naomi Tagg wil be showing the skills which has seen her in demand to perform all over the world, including at the South African Music Awards, the summit for African leaders, at the Ritz Hotel and Royal Academy of Arts in London, and with artists such as Sir Elton John, Blue, Michael Bolton and Celine Dion.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
She is currently a freelance jazz violinist and improviser performing with top DJs and musicians across London, as well as synthesist for trendy pop act Japayork.
Hungarian-born gymnast and acrobat Csaba Menus and his wife Zena will present their amazing show of strength and poise – including demonstrating skills on the German Wheel – that they have presented all over the world in circuses, theatres, and on cruise ships in West End-style productions.
Lead singer is Aston Dobson – currently working on his first solo album – who has appeared in such shows as Fame, Songs For a New World and Jekyll and Hyde, and is in his second seasons in Seaside Special, while female singer is Sophie Bloom, veteran of shows such as Peter Pan, and Best Friends and Butterflies at the Royal Academy of Music.
Comedy this year comes from father and son Keith – who has written for Brian Conley, Ken Dodd, Freddie Starr, and Hale and Pace – and Ben Simmons with their madcap routines and lighthearted banter.
The energetic big production numbers, led by musical director Nigel Hogg, include tap, ballet, a Bollywood section and a tribute to Michael Jackson.
n For full details of tickets, contact the box office on 01394 282126.